1) On what browser does Riverside.fm work?Our local recording engine works only with Chrome and Edge on laptops or desktops. To use Riverside on the iPhone or Android you need to use the Riverside.fm iPhone or Android app. Browsers like safari and Chrome on mobile phones and tablets are not (yet) supported.
2) Do I need a credit card to try Riverside.fm?No, you don’t need a credit card to try Riverside.fm. You can simply sign up for a free account with your name and email address.
3) What does locally recorded mean?Locally recorded means that the recording takes place on the computer instead of over the internet. The advantage of this is that the recordings are in studio quality and after downloading the recording you won't hear the disruptions caused by bad internet connections. For each guest you get a separate locally recorded track.
4) For how long can I use the free plan?You can use the free plan for as long as you want- there is no limit. The free plan gives you access to unlimited hours of high quality audio and video recording, editing features and separate tracks for up to 2 hours of recording. After 2 hours, you will get a single track for the entire recording. If you would like to continue getting separate tracks beyond 2 hours or would like to remove the watermark from your recordings, please take a look at our different plans on our pricing page.
5) How many people can record together in a session?A show can have 8 streams in total. 1 host + 7 guests