1) There are different kinds of videos -- explainers, cartoons, ads, etc. -- what kind of videos is Pictory good for. Pictory is best for social media videos or videos that you want to create with a high frequency. You can also use Pictory to also create explainer videos or short video ads, but for high-stakes videos, you probably should hire a video production agency.
2) How long does it typically take to create a Pictory video?In the beginning, as you are learning the software, it might take you about an hour to create a video, but over time this time will reduce to about 15 minutes. Most of the time will be spent trying to find the best visual for a specific scene.
3) Do I have to pay royalties to use the visuals or music provided in your product?No, Pictory has already licensed our collection of over 3 million visuals and hundreds of music tracks for your use in your videos.
4) What kind of articles can I use to create a video? Can the text be in a PDF or Word document? The acceptable types of articles are blogs or news articles published in HTML format. PDF, Word, or Google docs are not currently supported.
5) Can I edit the text on the storyboard page? Yes, you can edit the storyboard text by simply clicking on the textbox on the scene. You can also edit the text using the left panel where you have only the text for each scene.
6) Can I record and upload my own voiceover?Pictory offers the capability to record or upload your own voiceovers. Simply click on the Add Audio button on a specific scene and you will be able to record your own voice for the scene. To apply the voice over for the entire video just add it your audio uploads and click on Entire video.
7) What format are the videos generated in? Pictory videos are generated in the MP4 format using a standard H.264 codec.